Table of Contents
Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) rupture is one of the most common sports-related injuries. The most commonly used treatment is ACL reconstruction, it prevents further damage to the cartilage and meniscus. There are 2 surgical techniques that are widely used: conventional ACL and all-inside ACL reconstruction.
The majority of ACL injuries occur when the knee is bent, especially when changing direction quickly or trying to stop suddenly. The only way to avoid these types of damages completely is to altogether avoid contact sports, but if you’ve torn your anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), the best way to prevent it from completely ruining your athletic career is to pursue an arthroscopic ACL reconstruction using Fiber Tape Internal Brace.
This procedure offers numerous benefits over other types of ACL surgery, such as speedier rehabilitation time, less pain, and more minor scars. However, before you go down this route to repair your knee, make sure you understand the pros and cons of arthroscopic ACL reconstruction with a Fiber Tape Internal Brace so that you can make an informed decision about what’s best for you.
How does ACL Reconstruction with Fiber Tape Internal Brace work?
Arthroscopic ACL reconstruction with Fiber Tape Internal Brace work is the most advanced ACL surgery, earlier available in US and European countries and now in India. It is a minimally invasive procedure, which means that minimal incisions are made to access and reconstruct the torn anterior cruciate ligament. The recovery time is quicker than other surgeries, and it has a higher success rate. The surgery uses only one hamstring graft instead of two, making it less traumatic for the patient.
What are the advantages of ACL Reconstruction with a Fiber Tape Internal Brace?
– Patients can bend their Knees up to 90 degrees on the 1st day, but in conventional methods, it takes nearly 3 weeks to do so.
– The flip cutters are used to make a pinpoint hole in the tibia rather than a large incision which preserves more bone and minimizes post-operative pain.
– Joint stability and balancing achieved early
-Very high success rate which is nearly about 98%
– Strong and more stable graft fixation. FiberTape protects the graft from loosening and elongation.
– Hospital stay is less than 24 hours. The patient will be made to walk with support immediately after surgery.
– Very minimal pain after surgery. This is because of the use of flip cutters which prevents bone loss and makes surgery less traumatic to tissue.
– FiberTape is like a seat belt during car driving, it protects the graft till it heals with bone. It increases the strength of ACL grafts and protects them during the ligamentization period of the graft.
– In conventional methods, we use 2 hamstring grafts, but during All Inside ACL Reconstruction with Fiber Tape Internal Brace we use only one hamstring graft. The advantage of this procedure is that less hamstring weakness occurs since only one hamstring graft is used. This also means less time for recovery, which in turn means that the patient can return to sports sooner than if they had gone with a conventional method.
– There are the Least chances of Graft loosening with this latest technique.
– Better cosmetic appearance because of small incisions.
Disadvantages ACL Reconstruction with Fiber Tape Internal Brace
– It requires Special equipment and the best Arthroscopic skill. So, this is hard to perform without proper instruments.
– It is more expensive than traditional methods
The Cruciate is a team of highly experienced and skilled surgeons who have been in the sports medicine field for a long time and have dealt with complicated sports injuries. Dr. Nagendra Prasad, one of the best arthroscopy surgeons in India leads the team. The Cruciate is committed to delivering high-quality services and would like to make sure that you are satisfied with our work. The team Cruciates provides customized treatment and follow-up to each patient to make sure that everyone will achieve the desired level of recovery and rehabilitation to ensure an early return to sports.