If you’ve been injured and are looking for PCL or ACL ligament surgery for sports injury, it’s natural to want to choose the best ligament surgeon in your area. But how do you find this person? One approach might be to ask around among your friends or online on social media sites about who the best surgeons are, then schedule consultations with them all until you find one that you feel comfortable with.
Table of Contents
What Is a Sports Injury?
A sports injury is a type of injury that commonly occurs in contact sports, such as football, hockey, and basketball. The most common type of sports injury is an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tear. An ACL ligament injury is a ligament tear that can be career ending if not treated properly. The best way to treat an ACL tear is with arthroscopic surgery.
A good knee ligament surgeon will use the latest techniques and have a high success rate with these surgeries. To be the best ligament surgeon, he should specialize in all arthroscopic knee surgeries including ACL ligament surgery for sports injury, MPFL tear, and PCL reconstructions.
Causes and Symptoms
One of the most common knee injuries is a ligament tear. The two most common types of knee ligaments that are torn are the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and posterior cruciate ligament (PCL). These injuries usually occur from a twisting injury to the knee. Symptoms of a torn ACL or PCL include pain, swelling, instability, and difficulty walking and the treatment consists of ligament surgery for sports injury.
Types of ACL injuries
Risk Factors For A Ligament Tear
Your risk of suffering an ACL injury is affected by a number of variables, including:
- Consistently playing on artificial turf
- Poor Conditioning
- Wearing very tight or loose footwear.
- Using sports equipment that hasn’t been properly maintained, like improperly adjusted ski bindings
- taking part in particular sports, such as basketball, gymnastics, football, soccer, and downhill skiing
- Using improper patterns of movement, such as pushing the knees inside during a squat
- Potentially due to variations in anatomy, physical strength and hormonal factors, ACL ligament tear can be a possible occurrence.
Diagnosis & treatment options
The mode of injury is a good indicator and helps in diagnosing an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) or posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) injury. Symptoms may include pain, swelling, instability, and a feeling of the knee giving out. A clinical examination will help your doctor to assess the extent of the injury. An MRI is often used to confirm the diagnosis and then usually an ACL ligament surgery for sports injury is recommended for the treatment if the MRI picks up anything.
ACL injuries increase the likelihood of getting osteoarthritis in the knee. Even after ACL ligament surgery for sports injury to rebuild the ligament, arthritis may still develop.
The severity of the initial injury, the presence of associated injuries in the knee joint, or the degree of activity following treatment are just a few examples of the many variables that could influence the likelihood of developing arthritis.
When to consult specialists?
If you’re experiencing knee instability, pain, thigh muscle atrophy, or a loss of confidence in your ability to participate in athletics or other sports, it’s time to consult a specialist and learn everything about ligament surgery for sports injury. And when it comes to choosing a specialist, you want the best of the best. That’s why you should choose a surgeon who is skilled in the latest techniques and has a high success rate.
3 Types Of Surgical Procedures Used By The Best Ligament Surgeon.
1. ACL reconstruction with Fibre tape internal brace is a minimally invasive procedure that uses a small arthroscope to reconstruct the ligament tear. This surgery has a high success rate and can be done on a daycare basis.
2. ACL augmentation is a procedure that uses a graft to strengthen the torn part of ligament. This surgery is also less invasive consequently resulting in a lower ankle ligament surgery for sports injury cost and can be done on a daycare basis.
3. ACL repair is a procedure that uses stitches to repair a ligament tear. It is less invasive than both ACL reconstruction and ACL augmentation, but the success rate of this surgery is not as high as either of those procedures.
4 Reasons Why You Need The Best Ligament Surgeon For Your Ligament Injury.
1. You want the best possible results. The best ACL surgery and recovery results come from surgeons who have a lot of experience with the procedure.
2. You want to get back to your sport as soon as possible. The best ligament surgeons make sure you get back on your feet faster with a faster ligament tear recovery rate.
3. You don’t want any postoperative complications. The best ACL surgeons have the least rate of complications.
4. You want the latest and greatest technology. The best ACL surgeons use the latest techniques and technology.
Costs Involved in Ligament Surgery For Sports Injury.
While costs can vary depending on the standards of the hospital, implants, instruments quality, and quality of service provided, choosing the best ligament surgeon will likely save you money in the long run for your ACL surgery and recovery. This is because a skilled surgeon will have a higher success rate, which means you’re less likely to need additional surgeries. In addition, a good surgeon will be able to use the latest techniques to minimize your ankle ligament surgery for sport injury cost and complications and speed up your recovery time.